Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Don't Want to Sleep With You, I Just Want You to Feed Me

Lately I have been watching Top Chef Masters on BRAVO.
It's a reality show featuring some world-renowned, some quasi-famous, chefs who are competing for money for charity.
Every week there is a $10,000 winner, and also one of them is eliminated from the competition. At the end of all this drama, someone will walk away with $100.000 for his or her charity.
I like this show. I like men who can cook. There is just something so sexy about a man in an apron. I have a mad crush on Anthony Bourdain who stars in No Reservations on the Travel Channel. He's not a contestant though. I don't think he wears an apron on his show either.
Acclaimed French chef Hubert Keller is competing, and looks fine in his culinary whites. He can cook for moi' anytime.
There were a few women competing in the initial qualifying rounds, but only one of them made the cut for the finalists.

I find the judges to be interesting as well.
Namely, Former New York Magazine Restaurant Critic, Gael Greene.
She wrote a memoir a few years back called Insatiable which I plan to review in an upcoming post.
From the excerpts I've read, this book is a tell-all of how she ate her way to the top.
So to speak.
Elvis...Clint...Burt...
She may just be my new idol.

My silliness aside, I'm truly interested to find out how one becomes a Food Critic.
You are paid to go to nice restaurants and eat, and then write your opinion.
Not that I'm planning on changing careers mind you, I'm just curious about stuff like that.

And did I mention...Elvis...Clint...Burt...
Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm all crushed out on Anthony Bourdain, too! Have you read Kitchen Confidential?

I just watched this show last night & it was great. I think they have a marathon coming up & I can see spending a day happily watching!

Dixie said...

I haven't read Kitchen Confidential yet but it is on my list-thanks for reminding me-I forget the man writes too!

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda interested as well, on how to become a food critic. I think I might like free food at fancy restaurants.
I don't too much care for the whole man cooking thing though; I'd rather them take me out to dinner!

Yvette Kelly said...

That's always amazed me-that men are better chefs than women.I would love to be a food critic-great job.

The Peach Tart said...

I too love Anthony Bourdain and recently wrote a post about my lust for him. I'm enjoying The Top Chef Masters series. I want any kind of job that I get paid to taste food, drink wine and travel to exotic places.

mandatorybloghere said...

lol lust that is a good way to describe it