Thursday, November 13, 2008

Who is Up For a Treasure Hunt?

This holiday season I am going to start a new tradition at my house.

Usually following weeks of hectic shopping and wrapping,
we all gather around the tree, and all the gifts are passed about in about 20 minutes tops.

That's it. The wait is over. Nothing left to do but clean up the wrappings and ribbons,
and hope that nothing got mixed in and tossed out.

Nothing left but that odd little let-down feeling from all that anticipation overload.

I'm trying something different this year.
Thanks to the recent Bloggy Carnival I was lucky enough to win a Cliffhouse Treasure Hunt from
4 Crazy Ladies of Etsy.comhttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6313110

The Treasure Hunt is a simple idea that sounds like so much fun.
You hide the gifts in common areas around the house leaving clues.
As each one is found, there will be another clue leading to the next gift and clue.

I am going to do this for my little granddaughters, and also a few goodies tucked here and there for my grown kids as well.
I'll start with small gifts and will lead up to the Grand Finale(Treasure) I can't wait to see their faces!
Of course we will still have goodies under the tree, but I figure this is gonna get me a gold star with the grand kids(wink) A little something extra they will only have at Grandma's house!

The Cliffhouse Treasure Hunts are not only a great idea for the holidays, but you can put one together anytime your little ones are bored.
What a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Be sure and visithttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6313110
and check out their shop.
You may just find yourself starting your own brand-new tradition.

No comments: